Our new online bill system is live and ready to use.  You will need your NEW ACCOUNT NUMBER, found on your June Bill and SWLCWPUD will need your email on file for online payment access.  You may also call the office for help.

Visit the Payment Options page for further instructions.  We encourage you to sign-up for our online customer portal, including auto-pay. For your convenience we have retained our existing bill payment options.

YOU WILL NEED YOUR NEW ACCOUNT NUMBER TO MAKE A PAYMENT and SWLCWPUD will need your email on file BEFORE you can make a payment online.




The Southwest Lincoln County Water District (SWLCWD) was created through an election of voters within the proposed district boundaries held on the 14th of September 1945. It became a legal entity on the 21st of September 1945. In the May 2017 Special Election, voters within the SWLCWD boundaries approved changing the legal form of the existing ‘Special District’ water district formed under Oregon Revised Statute (ORS) 264 to a ‘Special District’ People’s Utility District formed under ORS 261. The Lincoln County Board of Commissioners Order 6-17-168 dated 21st of June 2017 established the Southwest Lincoln County Water People’s Utility District (SWLCWPUD) as a legal entity.  The SWLCWPUD continues the long legacy of the SWLCWD with the same employees and assets.  The SWLCWD will continue as a legal entity with an elected Board of Commissioners until the completion of the transition of all assets and liabilities to the SWLCWPUD.

Established September 1945

The Southwest Lincoln County Water People’s Utility District (SWLCWPUD) was established under Oregon Revised Statute  Title 24, Chapter 261 by a vote of the people on May 16, 2017. See https://swlcwpud.org/swlcwd-history/

The SWLCWPUD was legally incorporated under the Lincoln County Board of Commissioners under Order No. 6-17-168 dated 21 June 2017.

The Southwest Lincoln County Water PUD (SWLCWPUD) is a Municipal Water PUD located within a 1 1/2 by 8-mile strip of land along Highway 101 between the Cities of Waldport and Yachats.

The PUD takes water from four separate sources located on Dicks Fork, Big Creek, Vingie Creek, and Starr Creek.  Each is the culmination of surface waters within separate watersheds situated within the Siuslaw National Forest.

Our mission at Southwest Lincoln County Water PUD is to provide clean, safe drinking water delivered to your home.  We are committed to ensuring quality drinking water and excellent service.  The PUD has also developed a Watershed Protection Plan that outlines how the PUD will assure that the Water PUD’s raw water sources are not comprised or polluted.  Federal and State laws require the PUD to routinely monitor the water we furnish for 79 possible contaminants. Your water meets or exceeds all federal and state requirements.

A water quality report (CCR) is designed to inform you about the quality of the water the PUD delivers to you every day. You can find our water quality report at Consumer Confident Report 2020

There has been much media attention lately to homes, businesses, and schools testing at lead levels above estimated standards.  The lead and copper levels in the PUD’s water are so low as to be deemed undetectable.  The water delivered to you by the PUD is among the purest of any supplier in the State of Oregon.

However, if your residence or business was constructed before or around 1985 and the plumbing lines and fixtures have not been upgraded to meet current plumbing standards, the District recommends you consider having your water tested by an analytical water laboratory.  Home kits are available, but not always reliable.  If you would like a list of professional testers, please phone our office at 541-547-3315.  We are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Detailed information about water contaminants and potential health effects can be obtained by calling the EPA Safe Drinking Water Hotline (1-800-426-4791), or you can visit www.epa.gov/safewater/lead.

The Water PUD’s distribution system is in very good condition.  All leaks discovered are repaired immediately.  We ask that you use your water responsibly and report any possible leaks.

Your PUD is equipped to handle any emergency situation, whether it be a power outage or a large scale disruption in service. The PUD is prepared to do all it can to ensure that water can be quickly and safely restored to you in any such circumstance.

Learn more by attending a regularly scheduled Board Meeting.  They are held the third Wednesday of every month at 10 AM at the PUD office, which is located at 7740 Highway 101 North.

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave., S.W. Washington D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-6442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov.

This PUD is an equal opportunity provider and employer.